Every Saturday at 19:00 - 20:00|
Health Awareness Sessions
Delegates will gain an understanding of common mental health issues and the knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness. The course gives delegates the ability to spot signs of ill health and the skills to support positive wellbeing for themselves and others.
Time & Location
Every Saturday at 19:00 - 20:00
About the Event
We also provide Mental Health & Wellbeing Awareness training sessions to organisations and companies.
The training takes participants through mental health definitions, the needs of people with mental health issues and how to respond, myth busting and tackling stigma around mental ill health plus how to look after our own mental health and wellbeing.
This session is flexible and can be delivered in either a 90 min or 3 hour format depending on the size of group and the level of learning/training required, each session includes:
- An overview of mental health conditions, symptoms and diagnosis
- An overview of NICE guidelines recommended treatments for mental health conditions
- Tackling the stigma that surrounds mental health
- Mental health in the workplace
- Approaches to help support someone who presents with mental distress
- The importance of wellbeing for all including taking care of our own mental health
- Suicide prevention awareness
- Ticket type